Chillin solo

Wasn’t such an exciting 8 days home alone….

I haven’t been feeling particularly chatty the last few days. I think 10 days alone in a camper is a bit much. I do ask myself why being in a camper is any different than when I was home.  Well, I had my neighbors, a routine, lots of space, house things to do and friends around.
For our first month in the camper we were always together, maybe that is not healthy in a social aspect, but you get used to it and always have someone to talk to even if it is to just decide who is doing the dishes. It’s not much longer and I know it’s just a temporary feeling.

I have been staying relatively busy, well at least for the past few days.  My first day here on my own I went to Walmart- (I know that is surprising), but I needed some veggies. When I got back the mobile RV guy came and we took out the landing gear leg that broke when we were setting up so he could take it home to investigate the guts.  It turns out there is a screw inside that was stripped.  He was going to order a couple new legs for us and come back to replace them.

I didn’t do much the next day as I was feeling lazy.  I do look at my list of jobs to do every day and try to figure out how long they will take so I can tackle them before Thursday.  I can say now that some of them definitely won’t get done, but they are not critical.

Saturday the campground got super busy, as it was expected to over the holiday weekend.  The pool opened that day too. It is getting hot!

Sunday I ended up going back to my cousins house in Knoxville for the rest of the weekend. It was just a 2 1/2 hour drive.  I wanted to visit some more and felt like being around people I know.  I also got to do some more laundry, but that was just a bonus. 🙂

Today was super productive in comparison to some of my other days.  I found a bike carrier for the back of the camper on Craig’s list and went to pick that up. I am so happy I looked there because it was the exact one I almost paid full price for online!  Then I did an afternoon of caulking on the outside of the camper, but there is more to do and I didn’t want Kat to totally miss out on the experience.  Thank goodness for that little breeze and the cold water in the brita pitcher, it was hot.  I also replaced the kitchen faucet, no joke.  Tomorrow I will fix the bathroom faucet which has a tiny drip and plant our herbs, basil, dill and cilantro along with a trip to camping world to pick up a few things.

Thursday the RV guy comes back to put in the legs- I hope so anyway because we leave this campground on Friday.  We aren’t going too far, because we are doing some volunteer stuff on Saturday in Nashville and we want to go into Nashville to see the tourist things, maybe have a nice meal out together? I think Kat already has the blog for volunteering started, so you may be lucky and get another guest blog appearance.

I knew it wouldn’t take too long before I would get antsy, not quite bored, but I need to feel productive and like I am doing something worthwhile with myself, so I am going to get going on the things we talked about doing while traveling.  Things like biking, hiking, exploring areas we stay around and finding ways to help in the community.  Blogging too when I have something to say.

Thanks for listening.


This entry was posted in Tennessee. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Chillin solo

  1. Diane says:

    It was good to hear from you.

  2. Laura Montgomery says:

    Hey, Bert! (We met at the Rally) When I first started camphosting, I was unexpectedly solo. I’m not a naturally social person, so left to my own devices, I would read and sit in the shade all day. But I know that’s not healthy for me, so I eventually created a schedule of sorts for days I was not working. Can’t say I stuck to it very well, but it did help me get out and be active. Our motorhome is STILL in the shop, so I am just working on the house to finish up getting it ready to sell.

    • says:

      Hi Laura! Glad to hear from you. I am pretty happy sitting and reading too except when I have that nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I need to be doing something else. I also give myself a list of things to do, but didn’t always do them. Super hot and humid I. Tennessee. Our campground has NO wifi or cell signal, so we are at McDonald’s catching up on the blog and email. Keep reading- hope to get some good things posted. Bert

  3. Julie S says:

    Hi Bert!
    I was thinking about you last week and hoping you weren’t going crazy there all by yourself. Glad to hear the time went well, some things got crossed off the “to do” list and you got in another visit with your cousin, complete with free laundry. SCORE!

    We had a family filled weekend as we celebrated Casey turning the big 6-0! Both girls came to town and a fun time was had by all. Now it’s back to the work grind.

    Looking forward to your next adventure as we tread water down here in Texas. Love and hugs to both of you!

    • says:

      Hi Julie, No, I did ok, just had a down day. It got better and I did get more chores done… Mostly. When looking back it never seems bad. In a new park in the woods now and if it didn’t rain so much we would be a bit happier. Oh well, you know what that is like!

  4. Debbie says:

    Maybe you should start the research for an app on camper living? Things tgat could happen, how to do repairs, when to suck it up and call someone, etc. sounds like you are becoming quite handy. Keep it up. And keep us posted on your goings on. They are great.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *